Not sure if you do but I hear and read about it everywhere all the time!!!! Just by discovering new blogs and coming across beauty webs I realised everyone is talking about coconut oil at the moment!!!! It is big yes and I have started using it as well.Can't tell you enough about what it does to your body, hair and skin, but it is cheap so no harm in giving it a try but than I promise you will never stop making sure there is always a big tub in your bathroom/kitchen cabinet at all time!!!!
Here is couple of really good and FUNNY articles about it and why I started my journey with coconuts :-)
In a veeeeeery funny way by (one of my fav bloggers) Jenna Marbles
I’ve been meaning to write this blog for quite some time because Coconut Oil has been making my world go round for about six months now. Imagine if Jesus and Lady Gaga made a MAC Viva Glam product out of pure unicorn blood and then Ghandi blessed it after it was filtered through a rainbow of infant tears on top of Mount Everest and it dropped down from the sky to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean where a narwhal incubated it to it’s maturity and sold it Johnny Appleseed where he planted it on the holy grounds of Jerusalem and it sprouted into a glitter explosion of pure amazingness. That’s what coconut oil is.
First I suggest you come up with any health or beauty ailment you could possibly imagine. Got one in mind? Well coconut oil fucking cures that shit. I’m not joking click on this link and read about it: HERE
Or you can just google it on the internet machine and count how many times your mind is blown.
Basically it’s the Holy Grail of magical natural products. At least for me, but it seems like it is for many other people as well, and guess how much this precious gem will break your bank account? $9 or so at Ho-Foods (Whole Foods) or other places that sell organic products. The brand I buy is pictured above, they sell it with a white label as well, which I’m not sure is any different, along with tons of other organic brands....
Read more here http://jennamarblesblog.com/this.htmlOr pure facts by POSHGLAM.COM
- Eat a spoonful when you need an energy boost.
- Use it as the base for a homemade body scrub.
- Use to condition your wooden cutting boards.
- Use as a super conditioner on your hair (apply to dry hair, leave in as long as possible and then shampoo as normal).
- Use as a styling agent if you have really dry hair. Just rub a tiny bit on your palms and apply to your hair and style as normal.
- Keep a little container in your purse for lip moisturizer.
- Add a spoonful to your dog or cat’s food. CO is great for our furry friends!
- Replace nasty, unhealthy vegetable oils in your cooking and baking with CO.
- Make healthy Magic Shell ice cream topping.
- Use it for oil pulling (learn about oil pulling here).
- Use a tiny dab on your underarms for a natural deodorant.
- Use coconut oil instead of shaving cream.
- Add to your bath tub for a moisturizing soak (a drop of peppermint oil is wonderful!).
- Use as a makeup remover.
- Use it to help sooth chicken pox, shingles, or other rashes or skin irritations.
- Use it to treat athlete’s food, ringworm, or other fungal or yeast infections.
- Take a spoonful with your vitamins to help improve absorption.
- Spread a thin layer on cuts or burns to speed up healing.
- Take up to 5 spoonfuls per day for improved thyroid function.
- Add a spoonful to your smoothies for extra nutrition and flavor (here, here, and here).
- Use on the delicate tissue around your eyes to help prevent wrinkles and sagging.
- Use as the base for homemade toothpaste or lotion.
- Use in place of massage oil.
- Use on your baby’s diaper rash or cradle cap.
- Use to help reduce visibility of stretch marks or to prevent stretch marks.
- For nursing mothers, use coconut oil on your nipples to prevent cracking and irritation.
- For nursing mothers, consuming coconut oil will help increase your milk flow.
- Apply to bee stings or bug bites to soothe and heal the wound.
- Women can use in the nether regions to relieve yeast infections, dryness, and/or discomfort.
- Eat a spoonful with each meal to improve digestion.
- If you’re prone to nosebleeds, coat the inside of your nostrils with coconut oil regularly.
- Helps soothe and heal hemorrhoids.
- Take to helps reduce or eliminate migraines.
- Use as the base for homemade vapor rub.
- Mixed with peppermint, lemon balm, rosemary, or tea tree oil makes an excellent insect repellant.
- Mix with baking soda for a non-toxic “Goo Gone”.
- Use to help detox the body during a cleanse or fast.
- Use as a metal polish, but always test a small area first.
- Use as a leather moisturizer.
- Season your cast iron pans.
- Use to oil your pans and baking dishes instead of pan spray.
- Got gum stuck in your hair? Try using coconut oil to remove without cutting your hair.
- Use instead of WD-40.
- Use as a personal lubricant (not safe with latex).
- Take a spoonful to help with heartburn, acid reflux, or indigestion.
- Use as a natural sunscreen.
- Mix with a tiny bit of fresh lemon juice and use as a furniture polish (always test a small area first!).
- Mix with butter and toss your popcorn in it.
- Use on cracked or rough heals to help smooth them out.
- Massage into your nails and cuticles to help strengthen them.
- Use as the base for homemade chocolate candy (like peanut butter cups).
- Take a couple spoonfuls every day to help overall immune function.
So that should be enough to make you want to try it!!! A big tub last you forever and I just can't stop using it as my make up remover , hair and face mask without paying millions on trying new products that work(or not).
Oops ,forgot about 70 more uses....:-))